Work with us
Please see below for a list of positions we are currently recruiting for.
Full time kitchen assistant
We are seeking someone with motivation and a passion for organization and kitchen hygiene for our flagship chocolate store in Islington.
To start mid to end July 2012.
Duties to include cleaning kitchen, preparing equipment for our chocolatiers, organizing and keeping storage clean, shop cleaning and general kitchen hygiene.
Some food preparation is also required so you must hold a level 2 Food hygiene certificate.
You must be able to work weekends.
Please apply with your current C.V. in store or email to
Retail Manager, Islington
Paul.a.Young fine chocolates – One of the UK’s leading artisan chocolate businesses with multiple awards for outstanding chocolates is looking for a dedicated, responsible, enthusiastic and experienced retail manager with a passion for fine chocolate, sales and retail management.
We are seeking a shining star in retail to manage our Islington store. You must thrive from a vibrant role with an ambition to progress within our company.
The position offers a competitive salary that reflects hard work, experience and competence in managing London’s only made on the premises chocolateries.
Full training in fine chocolate and the Paul.a.Young style of chocolates will be given.
Responsibilities of the retail manager include –
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Be IT literate and proficient.
- The ability to manage and oversee staff.
- Guaranteeing excellent customer service from yourself and your staff.
- Opening and closing the shop.
- Cash handling, managing and reporting.
- Creating an enjoyable atmosphere for customers.
- Increasing customer base and spend.
- Working towards meeting key sales and customer service targets.
- Staff training and progression.
- Ensuring our high quality of product presentation is maintained.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and health & safety.
- Stock management of product and packaging.
- Product ordering.
- Shop and product presentation standards.
Key attributes of the Shop Manager
- The ability to provide excellent, professional customer service.
- Enthusiasm, self and staff motivation and discipline.
- Reliable, problem solving, responsible but also creative.
- Be passionate about sales and people management.
Successful applicants must be able to show three references relevant to this position.
Working hours: about 48 hours, 5 days per week including weekends.
If you are interested, please send your application to Paul.a.Young by email to [email protected] or in person to one of our London Stores.